More new equipment has been put to use in the Broken Hill Hospital thanks to the generosity of the Broken Hill Contribution Fund.
The Broken Hill Contribution Fund donated $21,031 to the hospital to purchase a number of items for use across the health service, including:
- A Philips InteliVue MX450 patient monitor for use in the Paediatric Ward ($13,394)
- An Ultrasound couch for use in Specialist Clinics ($4,437), and
- 4 x Fetal dopplers for use in Maternity Ward ($3,200)
The equipment has been installed in their respective areas.
Kevin Sinclair, BH Contribution Fund Secretary/Public Officer, said the Fund was pleased to continue to make a donation to the health service.
“The equipment is for use by the hospital which benefits us all. The Fund continues to work closely with the hospital in prioritising what they would like and we’re very happy to continue to help,” he said.
Broken Hill Contribution Fund President John Bacich (left), and Secretary Kevin Sinclair with Nadine Huett, Nurse Unit Manager of Paediatric Ward (right) and Registered Nurse Whitney Smith pictured with a donated patient monitor used to help care for children in the ward.
The Health Service is greatly appreciative of the BH Contribution Fund and its assistance over the years in purchasing equipment for the hospital.
The Contribution Fund donation adds to equipment recently purchased by the Hospital Kiosk Auxiliary and now installed in the hospital valued at $141,848.
That equipment purchased by Kiosk Auxiliary included:
- Philips MX450 patient monitors x 6. $92,542.46. For use in Theatre anaesthetic bays and recovery areas.
- Floor Line Hi/low beds x 6. $37,120. For use in hospital ward areas.
- A Valleylab FT10 electro surgical generator with LigaSure technology. $12,186. For use in the operating theatres.
The Kiosk Auxiliary is always looking for volunteers and anyone interested can contact Kiosk Auxiliary President, Betty Sammut on 0400 183 146.