Tibooburra, Dareton, Wentworth, White Cliffs, Balranald, Wilcannia, Ivanhoe and Menindee
What do you want out of life? How does your health fit into this? What can local health services do to help you get what you want out of life.
Everyone wants different things out of life today and into the future. Your health is one thing that may make it easier or harder to achieve the things you want.
Traditionally health services have operated with a view that everyone’s goals, aspirations and priorities are the same. Health professionals have viewed themselves as technical experts, and most of us have drawn on this expertise when something is not right for us.
The problem is that for all of us, our health today is largely a result of things we did yesterday, last week, for the last year or last decade, not something that just happened this morning. What can you do to make sure you are able to live your best life? What can the health service do to help you get there?
Over the coming years, the Far West LHD is hoping to change the way we work with you. Rather than waiting until there is something wrong and trying to fix it, we want to understand the things that are important to you and the best way for us to provide the services you need to be healthy enough to do those things that are important for you.
This will mean changes for the LHD and all our staff around the way we work with you, and also mean changes for you, making sure you think about what it is you want out of life and let us know. This way we can tailor the services we provide, rather than assuming that the same things are important to everyone.
Live Your Best Life! is the way we have labelled this change. Each Far West LHD health facility will be launching the program in their communities in the coming weeks and the public are invited to attend.
The launches will include the official reveal of each facility’s Live Your Best Life! logo and a variety of activities and health information. Details for each launch below:
- Tibooburra Health Service – Tuesday, 23 May – Morning Tea at the health service starting 10.30am.
- Dareton – Wednesday, 24 May – near Fire Station, corner Taipo/Neilpo Streets at 12 noon to 2pm. Free barbecue, fruit and water and information and advice on services and healthy living, Tai Chi demonstrations and Strength Training.
- Wentworth – Thursday, 25 May – Wentworth Hospital from 12 noon to 2pm. Free sausage sizzle and advice on wellness and healthy living.
- White Cliffs – Thursday, 25 May – Light luncheon at the Health Service starting 12 noon.
- Balranald – Tuesday, 30 May – at Balranald MPS at 12 noon. Free barbecue and information and advice on services and healthy living.
- Wilcannia – Wednesday, 31 May – at Wilcannia MPS. Morning tea at 9am.
- Ivanhoe – 22 June – to be confirmed.
- Menindee – to be confirmed.
The public are invited to come along to each event and tell us about the things that they see as representing their best life and how the health service wan work with them to get there. It’s about keeping people healthy, and working as partners with them to achieve their goals.